Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Daughter

I was studying last night the story of the lady with the issue of blood where she comes up and touches Christ's robe and is healed. He confronts her on it and tells her, "Daughter, be of good comfort, thy faith hath made thee whole." (Matt 9:22, Mark 5:34, Luke 8:48)

A lot of thoughts went through my head as I read those familiar passages. They definitely spoke directly to me as I studied last night. Faith has definitely healed many wounds in my life.

(I can't get my thoughts together beyond that. Its hard to put into words what some things mean to me.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PS--If you are studying with the Understanding the Parables of Jesus Christ book, make a note of where the parables start in the Teachings of the Apostles book (Chapter 10). For me its easier to read everything congruent with each other.

I had to take a photo of all the books I'm simultaneously studying! I have to have post-it notes all over the place to keep me on track! But I'm really enjoying the study!

2 Comments:

Blogger Alyson said...

sorry I thought this was a sundayschool lesson discussion. i didn't realize that you were doing CES. I guess i'm not keeping up with the readings after all

1/26/2007 12:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This blog is for any sort of religious discussion :) Some of us are studying the CES stuff and some others are doing the Sunday School lessons, and others are doing random study. Any study is still study. I've sent you an invitation to join if you want to :)

1/27/2007 1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home